Lord Christian Brighty is the country’s most notorious rake. He puts the pro in reprobate, the don in hedonism, and the key in chastity belts. But when this saucy libertine falls for a Duchess, can he reform himself?
Forget Bridgerton. Forget Austen. This is the greatest love story you’ll ever laugh at. Prepare to swoon for the debut solo show from TikTok's answer to Mr Darcy (@brightybuoy).
Best New Show nominee Leicester Comedy Festival 2022
Leicester Square Theatre Sketch Off 2022 - Third Place
'Hilarious' - List
'Very silly' - Time Out
'Talent and quick wit' - Scotsman
'Genius' ★★★★★ - Mumble Comedy
‘This is going to blow Bridgerton out of the water’ – LMAOnaise
‘Fantastically funny… will leave you questioning your type in men and crying with laughter’ ★★★★ - Theatricellie
“A rich, heady, breathless whirlwind of inventive humour and smart ideas” ★★★★ - The Recs
‘Achingly funny’ - Bruce on the Fringe
Christian Brighty is an actor, comedian and student of legendary clown school Ecole Phillipe Gaulier. He was named winner of the 2019 Otherplace Award and has performed sell-out runs at the Soho Theatre, Edinburgh Fringe and Glastonbury, as part of sketch group Privates. In 2021, his TikTok sketches based on Bridgerton, Poldark and Jane Austen catapulted him to viral stardom, racking up a combined 50 million views and 18 million likes.
He's also a local! He went to School in Cambridge at St Bedes and Hills Road. His Musical Comedy Trio Fair & Square won Best Newcomer at the Musical Comedy Awards in 2012, but much more importantly, Hills Road Got Talent in 2011.
Admit One. 8pm
|20:00 - 21:00||£15.00|
2 Courses. Set Menu.
|18:30 - 20:00||£17.95|
Town and Gown Pub & Theatre, 8, Market Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PF
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and NON EXCHANGEABLE
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Town and Gown Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.